Electric Fence COC
By law, all security fences installed in South Africa are required to have a electric fence coc compliance certificate. It is the owner’s responsibility to maintain the fence as per compliance.
An Electric Fence COC Compliance Certificate will be issued after we do a thorough inspection and, if any repairs are needed, we will provide a Free Quote.
Below is a Summary of the Important Provisions in the Act , to download a copy of the Act Click Here
Section 12 of the Act – Electric Fences COC
- No person shall design, manufacture, sell, install or use an electric fence or electric fence energiser other than in accordance with the relevant health and safety standard incorporated into these Regulations under section 44 of the Act: Provided that electric fences or electric fence energizers installed in accordance with the Electrical Machinery Regulations, 1988, prior to the coming into force of these Regulations shall be deemed to comply with this regulation.
- The seller, importer and manufacturer of an electric fence energizer shall prove compliance with SANS 60335-2-76 by producing a certificate issued by an accredited test laboratory recognized by the accreditation authority.
- In the case of an electric fence energiser which receives its energy from a battery charged by means of a charging apparatus which receives its power from an electric supply, the user or lessor shall ensure that the charging apparatus is of double-wound isolation construction.
- Subject to the provisions of sub regulation (5), every user or lessor of an electric fence system shall have an electric fence system certificate in the form of Annexure 1 in respect of such electric fence system: Provided that such certificate shall be transferable.
- Sub regulation (4) shall not apply to an electric fence system that existed prior to the coming
- into force of these Regulations: Provided that if
(a) any addition or alteration is effected to such electric fence system; or
(b) there is a change of ownership of the premises on which such electric fence system exists after 1 October 2012, the user or lessor shall obtain an electric fence system certificate for the electric fence system, where after the provisions of sub regulation (4) shall be applicable.
WhatsApp or Call us
Please note our Installations & Repairs are limited to Gauteng and George to Knysna in the Western Cape.
We do sell and deliver throughout South Africa